Greater Millsboro Is... Having Lots of Fun!
Scenic waterways, where freshwater meets saltwater
Three freshwater ponds offer bass
fishing, boating, and canoeing.
- Tidal Indian River and Indian River Bay are convenient.
Visit Cupola Park for a picnic or
launching your motor-boat.
- Rosedale Beach Fish & Wildlife Area has a boat ramp and
- Massey's Landing features new boat ramps and an ample
- Drive the scenic bay coastline along Indian River Bay.
Southern Delaware Heritage Trail
Enjoy this self-guided auto, boat, or
bicycle tour of the region's back roads, small towns, and front porches.
Millsboro is a convenient home base for
experiencing Southern Delaware's beautiful scenery, great food, tax-free
shopping, antiques, culture, and rich history.
- Comfortable overnight accommodations are available.
Millsboro Chamber Golf Tournament
- Ocean fishing service available from the marina at Oak Orchard.
Other Recreational Opportunities
Golf, baseball fields, tennis courts, hiking, hiking,
bowling, water skiing, fishing, crabbing, berry picking, Oak Orchard Bovs &
- Area is a center for commerce, with discount and
grocery stores, lots of interesting antiques shops, and many specialty shops.
- The 200-store Rehoboth Outlet Center is only 15 miles
- No sales tax in Delaware!
- Enjoy home cooking, family style. Restaurants and
eateries are casual, and very good. Fresh seafood, chicken and dumplings,
pizza, pasta, and all your other favorites are served, including the best subs
in the state.
- Church, youth, and civic groups offer homestyle foods
as fundraisers year-round.
- Great roadside BBQ and produce stands in summer.
- Come as you are!
- Celebration of Our Nation. Independence Day,
- Dagsboro. ° Big Thursday Festival and Car Show.
Millsboro, Early August.
- Festival Hispano. Late August, Millsboro
- Labor Day on Long Neck. Labor Day Weekend, Long Neck.
- Nanticoke Powwow. Weekend after Labor Day, Oak Orchard.
- Millsboro Chamber Golf Tournament. Early October, Long
- Dagworthy Day. Mid October, Dagsboro. ° World
Championship Punkin' Chunkin' Competition. Weekend after Halloween, just north
- Christmas Visions Parade and Santa's Pak Shopping
Spree. First Saturday in December, Millsboro.
- Local Craft Shows and Flea Markets. Year-round.
- Millsboro Art League offers changing exhibits and
classes. (302) 934-6440
- Possum Point Players hold several theatrical
performances each year. Tickets (302) 856-4560
- Bed and Breakfast inns, campground, and motel
accommodations available within the Greater Millsboro area.
- Additional accommodations available in surrounding
towns of Georgetown, Seaford, Laurel, and beach resorts of Lewes, Rehoboth
Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach, and Fenwick Island.
- Delaware Tourism Office web site offers assistance, at
www.visitdelaware.com, or contact a local tourism representative listed on
page 12 of this brochure.